View Single Post
Old 05-30-05, 09:41 PM
muccapazza
brain damaged bovine

Location: back on the dental floss ranch, wielding zircon encrusted tweezers

Bikes: Schwinn wrecked ol' Probe 1x2, 84 Bianchi Limited,Cannondale F400,Raleigh 20 folder,78 Schwinn LeTour III Fixed Gear,Redline Conquest Pro,71-73 Gitane TdF,Gitane Grand Sport de Luxe,78 Raleigh Super Course,80 Schwinn World Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seduced by the dark side I am. Since joining this forum a foo months ago, I have neglected the true religion of the fixie. Last year I rode my roadie 3 times all year, the other 4880 miles were all on a fixie. Due to the influence of the forum, that trend has been completely reversed. Gears and derailers, easier they are.

Anyway, Saturday I got out on the fixie for a 20 mile spin to try out some "new" handlebars. No riding Sunday. Today went on my 40 mile creaky knee Arbor Crest Winery recovery ride on the roadie in perfect conditions. What a difference from the week before! Such power, such grace, such smooth spinning technique! (Such hyperbole!) I attribute the noticeable improvement to my jaunt on the fixie. I'm sure the 56 miles I rode Thursday on the American Eagle (see commuting pics page 16 post no. 396) had nothing to do with my improved form.

A balance I must find, or, uh, unbalanced will I become!