View Single Post
Old 01-22-11, 08:53 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1458 Post(s)
Liked 2,206 Times in 967 Posts
I visit Atlanta frequently since my wife's side of the family live there and we were there from 1991-2001. My niece and nephew love to ride, and it is fun to go with them when visiting. But they are 5' and 5' 5" respectively, so their extra bikes do not fit my 6' 1" 250+lb frame.

Several years ago, a month before heading to Atlanta for a week in February, I started browsing CL to see if I could find a suitably sized bike my nephew could pick up and store for me. I spotted one of the mid to late '80s aluminum Schwinn road bikes, and contacted the seller. After a few emails we ended up speaking on the phone.

Well long story short and I mentioned my Paramount, and he asked if I had seen the one he had also listed on CL. Then as the conversation progressed, we realized we knew each other from C&V. I was speaking to mrmw!

A few days later my nephew picked up my '83 Paramount from mrmw. It's been a great love affair ever since.

Needless to say, I couldn't bear to leave it in Atlanta!

Now I store at my nephew's an equally impressive '81 Raleigh Superbe with the gold-chrome finish, also found on CL.

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com