Old 01-23-11, 08:02 PM
531phile 
I'm Carbon Curious

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machine Age
Commuting from home is impractical but I keep my Office Bike at work and ride to most meetings / lunches during the day. Just replaced a too small Trek 1200 with this bigger, cooler and much more supple 715.

Still to do:

-Convert to 6 speed with thumbie and Suntour Cyclone GT MII
-Eventually get some different tires. The Gatorskins are very tough but feel dead to me. Maybe I'll try those Grand Bois or one of the Rivendell gumwalls etc. Any recommendations for a 32 / 35 tire that feels more alive, springy, etc but still kevlar belted?
--Rack: Much as i would like to keep this original Bob Blackburn rack, I don't like the way it droops. Question for you experience rack people: Are rack sizes standardized or do they give a measurement for the height? How do I make sure that I get one that installs level? So happy to have a rack on this bike.
--I am very happy to have discovered the OYB pannier. Will be perfect size for iPad, notebook, wallet, etc...all the stuff i bring to meetings.
--Not delighted with aesthetics of brake levers but they work well
It must suck when you have to reach for the water bottle unless you are built like an gorilla.