Old 01-25-11, 01:01 PM
Bryan0520

Bikes: Motobecane Grand Record, Motobecane Phantom Cross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I too have crashed 3 times, 2 times on my cross bike and once on my road.

First time I was on a crushed limestone trail and my wife and I were racing each other...just having fun. I stood up on my pedals at the exact time I came across some really loose gravel. My backend started fish tailing and I went right down, right over the handle bars. Elbow was first to hit and ended up separating my AC joint in my shoulder. Then my helmet hit, cracked it right in half. That has since become my "Always wear a helmet" speech.

Second time, I was just being dumb and complacent and was looking over my shoulder at a car approaching way back, didn't realize how close I was to my wife’s back wheel, and went down, scraped up the elbow pretty bad!

Third time was just last week commuting in. I KNEW this stretch of path was ice covered from the night before....but NNNNOOOO I wanted to go that extra 20 feet on my bike!! Thought I could keep it up and went down....slid about 5 ft, jumped up....did the quick "did anyone just see that check" walked the rest of the way over the ice!

All good lessons learned....didn't read the whole thread, so I'm sure someone already said it, but with biking, it's not IF you're going to crash...it's just a matter of WHEN you're going to crash!