hi565
By-Tor...or the Snow Dog?

Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Flyte Srs-3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by my58vw
Alright many of us had today off from work, etc. Who went out and rode today?

I did... 48 miles down the Riverside (Santa Ana River beach trail) with the local bike club. Let me say that it was a mistake going out with the group I did but it went well in the end. Yesterday I did 65 miles (quite hard miles) and was tired this morning. Of course I was not going to go out and ride with the slower riders... so I went out with the fast group, most who did not ride Sunday.

The beach trail is a relativly flat trail that runs down to Hunington Beach in So Cal. The challenges include the little steep underpass things and the technical nature of the trail... plus it is multiuse. Many racers train out there and today was no exception. At the start I felt good, cranking away in a 23 MPH paceline with the group through this technical trail, slowed down by the occasional walker and slow rider. I refused to touch the big ring (working on spin right now) so it was quite interesting spining at 130 RPMs in front of a paceline . About mile 14 though I started feeling weak. Due to my condition I can not go out and ride like that 2 days in a row without major rest (I.e. 12+ hours of sleep plus active recovery). I ended up slipping off the back and right at the beach I sat on the side of the trail for sometime. My legs felt great but my body felt weak. It is a feeling that most people will not ever feel unless they are real sick.

After a run to starbucks we headed back, a big readout of cadence flashed a 90 RPM average as I spun away at 18 - 19 MPH. On the way back I meet up with another rider from the club and we rode in about 17 MPH. By this time my neck started bothering me (normal due to neck injury, happens on comfort bikes too) and my calve was acting up. My body got weaker and weaker but I made it in right between two groups, average 17 MPH.

I rode 115 miles in two days... I am ready to get some good quality recovery time...

So what did you all ride today?
yep I rode 6:00 Am with my cousin and his wife on their tandem

Did about 17.12 miles aved 15 (if I didnt slow down as much for stops it would def be 18.) I was going to go straight home and I wouldnve done about 9 miles but I took a detour that my cousin showed me and it was great. Hardly any cars, perfect roads, wild life all around me. It was great, on that section I just got on my drops and just went, I was at least doing 21 mph because my mind wandered and I would just pedaled. Felt really great. Well then I went home, I liked it. Then sadly later in the day I marched. IT SUCKED!!!! base drum, horrible mount, friggin hot, coulndt feel my arm. When I would try to adjust the drum to make it more comfy, it was soo imprinted into my skin it would hurt to move it. Well i would say thats two workouts in a day. SCHWEET!