Burton
Certified Bike Brat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Some details are available on the XVision site

Originally Posted by Plutonix
The Solstice site is rather sparse with tech details. How did you come up with 4 hrs?
Hi!

If you access the XVision site directly, and look up battery packs (they market their own), http://www.visionxusa.com/Battery/c38/index.html

The key info there is the amp-hours vs runtime on their packs vs the solstice solo.

The 2.2 AMP-HOUR XPC-B22 listed there is quoted as *capable of powering a single Solstice Solo pod for over 3.5 hours*

The Amp-hours for the other battery packs are listed, even if the run times aren't. Just do the math and it'll give you the info you want.

Thats based on their own lithium battery pack rated at 12V. So if Amp-hours is the key and you were to build your own with a higher amp-hour rating - the burn time would be proportional. Keeping it simple- battery holders are available for 8 cell (12V app) AA or C and D cells for less than $10 and rechargeable AA cells are currently available with a 2,500 to 2,800 mAh capacity. Thats 2.5 to 2.8 Amp-hrs and the capacity (and burn time and weight) go up as you move to C cells or D cells. Wiring and dropping that package into a waterproof container (Lock&lock plastic food container of suitable size with a hole drilled for a cable and rubber grommet) would give me what I personally want with a minimum of work and investment. I already have lots of AA cells and smart chargers.

Someone else might prefer to just buy the item ready to from directly from XVision.

Hope that was the kind of info that you were looking for.

Last edited by Burton; 01-26-11 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling (sigh)