View Single Post
Old 01-26-11, 04:27 PM
krazygl00
Your Recovery Ride Buddy

Bikes: 2000 Serotta Classique, 1999 Serotta C3S Atlanta, 2004 Kona Jake the Snake, 2009 Kona Paddywagon, 2006 Kona Kula, 1980's Fuji Pursuit TT Fix/SS conversion, 1980's Torpado Super Strada, Bridgestone RB1 Synergy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bryceman
I have to agree with most of the posts here .. you have to be patient and persistent. If something posts up, you have to jump on it right away.

The one thing that I dont find mentioned here though is .. everything is negotiable! It obviously depends on the seller, but I am surprized at how many people think that the price is the price. Whenever I post things up for sale, I assume that there is haggle room in the price. So, don't be scared to make an offer to someone on something that has sat on CL for a few weeks.
This is true, and sometimes I'll offer a lower price to see if they'll bite. But if it is a smokin' deal and I think it'll go quickly, I've learned to just jump on it.

And if I list something, I usually don't mind lower offers, but this brings me to my New Personal Rule For Selling Crap On Craigslist: no haggling after the agreement to meet for the sale. This has happened to me one too many times and it is such a cheapshot. You get the seller to take time out of his day to meet and then you make a lower offer, counting on the fact that he just wants the sale to go through. No more. Next time it happens I'll probably just cancel the sale right then and there on principle alone. Of course, they buyer can then make a higher offer if he really wants the sale to go through.