View Single Post
Old 01-27-11, 07:05 AM
ravenmore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by M_FactorX19
sure lol.. what bike are you building up? im sure i should probably know. what weight are you shooting for? parts list so far/planed?

im still trying to do this budget oriented and trying to not go to crazy. as stated before the wheels i got arent really the best as far as weight goes but they are nice wheels and i should have a lighter set soon as well.

ive been shopping around for the group parts i need but i dont know if i should try to find a complete group or just buy each part separate. it seems cheaper to get the whole group but i dont want the brakes, chain, or maybe even cassette so im having a hard time finding just shifters, cranks and derailleurs. not to mention getting the cranks in BB30.
I'm working on the bike I posted above. The idea occurred to me because we're both doing the same thing and have bikes that weigh about the same I think. Mine was 18 pounds and some change when I got it, but that was with a lot of heavy crap on it. I shaved nearly a pound off with the wheel change. I also added the Thomson Masterpiece seat post. Those two changes put me in the low 17's. I'm going to add (or already have):

-KCNC brakes (-130 grams)
-KCNC stem (not sure what current stem weighs)
-different bars (not sure what yet)
-Campagnolo Record carbon ultra torque cranks ( - 200 grams. have this already, need to install)
-Speedplay Light Action pedals (-200 grams. on table next to me - can't find my pedal wrench )
-Kinlin/Formula custom wheelset (-200'ish grams. Not sure of weight but light - in the 1400 gram range - debating re-lacing with lighter spokes)
-Force/Rival shifters (-120 grams)
-Rival rear derailer (-30 grams)
-Dura Ace front derailer (minimal weight savings. on old bike)
-KMC X10 SL chain (not sure what current chain is actually. Came with bike)
-not anytime soon but want to add Soul C 5.0 wheelset (-500 or so grams from current wheels. -300 from Kinlins)

With the Kinlin wheels I might get sub 15. With the Soul wheels I might actually crack sub 14.

Last edited by ravenmore; 01-27-11 at 07:16 AM.