PluperfectArson
沒有腳踏車的居民

Bikes: Mericier Kilo TT Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
That's like saying "What's so great about pizza in comparison to roast beef sandwiches?"

It's just an alternate way of having reliable foot retention and is a matter of personal preference. I happen to be fond of both and wouldn't necessarily say one setup is better than the other. I can, however, easily see why more trick-oriented riders would prefer platform straps over clips.
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
Toe clips / straps were designed to work with rigid soled cycling shoes with slotted cleats, which were used prior to the days of clipless pedals. They don't work very well with soft running or casual shoes. I have toe clips / straps on some of my vintage bikes, but use them only with rigid soled shoes. I bought a set of bikeage pedals / straps for my urban FG (aka naranja), so I can just jump on it with whatever I'm wearing, and have some degree of foot retention w/o tearing up my shoes or feet. Sometimes in the summer, I just wear sandals or flip flops, so this seems to be the most comfortable option.

Philly steak, garlic, and white sauce pizza all day, pal.

Thanks for the info, though. I have never seen anyone use them in person nor have I had personal experience with them, so I was mostly curious as to why one would use them, as I loved my clips and straps, but now run clipless.