Old 01-31-11, 11:31 AM
Sayre Kulp 
Bulky Bullet

Bikes: Burley Koosah / RANS Zenetik Pro / Catrike Expedition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
With my heaviest weight being somewhere north of 435 lbs. back in the late summer of 2009,

I've been working my way down since October of 2009.

1/3 = 280.0
1/10 = 273.4
1/17 = 272.2
1/24 = 271.8
1/31 = 269.6

Over 10 pounds down in January - I guess I shouldn't complain. It is getting harder though, I have to admit it.

I just need to keep doing what I'm doing and I know I'll get where I'm going.

On a side note, to all who are feeling frustrated with either minimal losses or even slight gains, JUST HANG IN THERE!!! There is a lot at play right now and we all have to realize that. We're only a month past the holidays, right? Can anyone honestly say that the holiday season didn't put a cramp on their diet/exercise habits? I know MY routine sure as hell got a bit mixed up last month and it was tough getting back into the norm at the start of the new year, but with effort I'll get back in the regular swing of things. Likewise - I knew at the end of the year I was getting close to plateauing, so I created a plateau intentionally. I loosened the chains on my diet, so-to-speak, and gave my body a little rest. Sure, my weight went up a slight bit, but I didn't let it get out of hand. And I believe by doing so, I allowed my body to catch up a bit and my metabolism to reset itself a bit. The result is that in the new year I was able to pick up where I left off and continue losing. If your body seems to be fighting you, maybe it's time to take a little break. Let your calorie count break even and relax your exercise habits a little bit. The weather isn't exactly helping matters anyhow, so why not take advantage of the break? When you get back into the swing of things, hopefully your body will be rested and ready to go again.

Maybe the above advice sounds crazy, but it worked for me, so I figured I'd offer. Of course it goes without saying, your mileage may vary. But whatever you guys do, don't give up! A minor setback is just that. There's no pound you put on one week that you can't take off the next week.