Old 02-01-11, 03:06 PM
island rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If the RS is the fred Cervelo is the CR1 the fred Scott?

I currently own an RS, I like the bike, but I don't love it. I phrased it once as feeling too "tall" on the bike and that the bike was big. (Bear in mind that I was measured and fitted, and it all seems right). I was told that what I am feeling is probably wanting to be in a more aggressive position on a bike that is not built for it.

I have been thinking of getting a Scott. I have really liked the Addict for a while, but I am also curious about the CR1. I am wondering if the CR1 is the RS of the Scott line. I know they have the Speedster, but that seems a competely different animal. I am not sure I will ever be able to ride the two back to back, as there are not too many around here who sell Scotts. I can look at the geometry for answers, but have no idea how that translates into actual feeling on the bike.

Right now I am thinking getting the R3 and having the shop strip off the 105 and put on Force or Rival, or just buying the frame and bulding it up. Mostly because I like the color of the 3 rather than the 2. That said, I really love the look of the R1!