Old 02-01-11, 11:41 PM
e.maguran
SpeedDemon

Bikes: K2 Cheyenne / Peugeot UO8 / GT Mach-One/ GT Interceptor/ Madwagon Cruiser/Many-Many Wheelie Schwinns

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for all the help guys!

I looked further at some stuff and this is what I've got on the bike:

- 1975 D.E.A. Super Chrome 27 x 1 1/4 wheels - Worth replacing? These things look brand new... and for my weight, it would probably be better if I just lose the weight around my gut first . I haven't ruled out this upgrade 100% yet.
- AVA Stem - Per Sheldon Brown, this is something I think I might need to replace for fear of it breaking under pressure. I'm 220lb... so it might be a problem.
- Norex 39 Leather seat that I plan to recondition with some Brooke's Proofide.

Besides getting the proofide dressing, I'll replace the pedals with either clips or clipless... I'm not sure which to get though as I'm fresh to the road thing, and get new handlebar grips (mine are very old and thin = wrist pain).

Originally Posted by noglider
If you hang around here, you'll see that many of us have LOTS of bikes. I refurbish bikes as a hobby and make a little money on it. I have 40 or 50 bikes here in my home. There are about six I call my own. A bike for every season and purpose, plus some guest bikes and spares. If you hang around here long enough, you'll catch this bug from us.
I actually own a lot of bikes... I used to recondition Schwinn "wheelie"/Banana seat bikes as a kid when i wasn't in the BMX craze. I want to say I have close to 18. My prized possessions are in my sig, but I know have some interesting stuff like the first Specialized, Mongoose BMX frames made, a Shelby (really my father's bike, but I had a hand in rebuilding it), and some other stuff I'll have to dig out of the attic some time. It's amazing what people will would sell at car swap meets for practically nothing

Last edited by e.maguran; 02-01-11 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Adding swagger