View Single Post
Old 02-05-11, 10:22 AM
Grim

Bikes: Cannondale T700s and a few others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I hope your lunch break is planned at Frankie's in Rockmart and you are having the Tilapia Parmigiana! It rocks!

I have been wanting to do the same trip and hope to do it this year as well. I frequently ride Paulding chamber to Rockmart for lunch at Frankie's and back with some friends.

There is both primitive camping on the trail between Cedartown and Rockmart and a commercial campground in that area as well. There is reference on the STC site if that interests you.

Most people that I have heard about laying over in Cedartown stay at the Holiday in express about a mile north of the trail straight up Main street.

One of the people I work with lives near Cedartown (by "booger hollow" rd LOL) I'll see if he can recommend a good restaurant in town. Most of the bigger places are on 278 or 27 north of town. There is a El Napal Mexican joint by the Holiday inn as I recall. I use to eat at when I was driving through town when I worked up that way or had to go to the call center my company runs up there but it has been a couple years.

The streets roll up at dusk so not sure there is much in the way of nightlife close to the trail or hotel. The El Napal is probably as good as it will get. LOL

It could be done in a day but you will need to keep a good pace. Two years ago a guy from Marietta rode the trail end to end in 5 hours including stops. He was pushing hard as he could. He has since moved to California.

Cant help with Anniston. Never been there.

Now I am waiting for the connecting trails from Kennesaw Mountain to be made and I will just ride from my home in Marietta out one day.

Keep the tread going as you work out more details.