View Single Post
Old 02-05-11, 04:29 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Online shopping????

I have a few online shops that I occasionally look at- But I rarely buy from. I have registered with them so I can get the regular E-Mail so I can see the prices that are available and the "Few" really special offers that are about.

Now I actually require a couple of tyres shortly. Road tyres in 23 and I like Michelin Pro race tyres. They are not that cheap- even on line- and if I did require them- my LBS will sell them just a cheaply in any case. But the roads are pretty bad over here and the PR3's are cutting up pretty bad.

So I looked out for some Michelin Lithions. There is a new version out as Lithion 2's but no Discount on these yet so looking for the OLD form as they are a robust fairly light folding tyre. Found them last week on Chain Reaction cycles and they have the cheapest price around but in only one colour of Blue/Black. I can get by with that but in checking the other sites- I must have made a mark on their viewed list. This morning I got an offer from two Online shops of an additonal 10% off my purchase if over a certain amount. I have never bought from these two- only registered with them- but apparantly I am a valued customer. Chain reaction sent me a voucher of £10 off if I spent over £50 The two tyres only came to £24 but I did want tubes- so a pack of ten cheap tubes and up the tyres to 3 and I have now spent £56 but got £10 off so a net £46.

Just realised how gullible I am. I only intended spending £24- but the temptation of the £10 discount and I have doubled my order for something that I do not really need although they will get used eventually- if I can keep them off the Son-in-Laws bike.

Am I alone in my thinking?

Spike Milligan