Old 02-05-11, 10:47 PM
ilovecycling

Bikes: LOOK 595 & Cannondale CAAD9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
R3 is here. 95% done with build. Pics!

Today was a great day! I picked up the new R3 (56cm) around 6pm and was messing with it for a little while now. I flipped the stem and threw some spacers on top.

You probably noticed that only the front wheel is a Reynolds MV32c UL (carbon clincher) wheel. I actually forgot about needing a cassette for the rear wheel (duh), and I didn't bring the wheels with me when I picked up the bike. I don't know if I should buy another cassette for the Reynolds wheel and keep the stock Fulcrums as a backup, or if I should save the money for now and just have the LBS switch it over to the Reynolds.

While I was inspecting it at the bike shop, I noticed that the chain was a Sram PC-1051 and not a PC-1071 like it was supposed to come with. They said it came with that chain, but they are going to call their Cervelo rep and get me a PC-1071.

While I was there I picked up some S-Works shoes and ordered some white Speedplay Zero stainless pedals. Should be about a week for the pedals to come in.

Also, I plan on buying some Red shifters and selling mine on eBay. That should complete the build for a good while. Maybe one day I'll go Red for the rear der, but not right now.

Oh and if you are wondering how I got the white and blue frame with the Sram Rival build, all I had to do was ask. They ordered two bikes just to do the parts swap. Conte's Bicycles & Fitness in Arlington, VA is easily the best bike shop I've ever been to. The level of service and attention to detail by the mechanic made for a great overall experience. They even gave me 5% off, which basically takes off VA sales tax. Came out to a few bucks less than $3200 out the door.

I can't wait to ride this beauty!