Old 09-28-02, 07:43 PM
VegasCyclist
suitcase of courage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Edward515
During the ride my hands were hurting a bit. i was changing hand position about every 10-15 minutes and they still hurt, then i started to feel a slight tingling in them, almost a numbness. Is this because i wasn't wearing gloves? Will a pair of gloves make this problem go away? What are some good gloves that are priced fairly reasonably (20-25$)

Also i don't have a jersey. Is a jersey just a comfort thing because i have a polyester t-shirt that i use for backpacking that i wear that wicks away sweat good, but will a jersey really help my performance any? The poly T flaps around a bunch will a jersay be alot tighter and more aerodynamic? What are some good jersyeys?
yes, by all means gloves will help, especially road bike specific gloves. Pearl Izumi has some nice ($20-30) gloves with good padding. you also might want to check you seat, if you seat is tilted too far down, you will be pushed into your handle bars. try tilting your seat (up towards a neutral flat angle or up to a positive angle if it still hurts) but do it in small increments the more flat your seat angle is, the less weight your hands will have to support.

as for a jersey, the shirt probably does a good job wicking away moisture, but a nice fitting jersey will not flap around and may feel better. cannari (spelling?) has some nice inexpensive jerseys ($20-40) and they are nice for a beginner. check out nashbar and performance they tend to have good sales on jerseys and gloves, and your LBS may also have some sales