View Single Post
Old 02-09-11, 08:30 AM
esperoquesi

Bikes: Lotus Eclair Touring, NashBar Toure, Katakura Silk (Unknown), Gary Fisher Rig SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Commuter BIkes

My Primary commuter is built up like this:

Stats:

1980's Lotus Eclair Touring (Cutthroats Bike Club Hand-me-down)
Shimano Bio-Pace Triple crank (not into Bio-pace but I'll replace the rings when they are shot)
Chris King Headset
35c Randonneur Touring Vittoria Rubber
Alloy Araya mismatched Rims (36 spoke) I got for cheap (like $10 I think)
Currently a Black Brooks B17 (that's a Cardiff in the photo....avoid them they suck)
Velo Orange Hammered Fenders (not in photo, I would go back to the black plastic fenders if they fit the 35c tires, more support from the stays than the VO's)
Silver Bar End Shifters
Nitto Albatross Bars
2 liter bottle cap on the lowrider mount to hold my lighting system (lights suck need to find an upgrade there)
Axiom Streamliner Rack (nice piece too!)
A Civia/Ortlieb pannier I got on discount as a returned item
Brass Bell
Cannondale Saddlebag to hold tools, patch kit, etc (rotates between bikes depending on which one I am using that day)

My Secondary Commuter/ Randonneuring Bike is:

It's a Nashbar Toure frame from the 80's that I had powder coated with many of the little bits powder coated to match.
Yeah, that's a Nashbar front Rack to match
Mavic 36 spoke A119 Rims laced to a Shimano 105 hub out back and a 1st Generation Dura Ace Hub up front all clad in Rivendell/Panaracer Ruffy Tuffy Tires
I'm rocking a Sugino RD2 (I think) crank with Salsa Rings but I want to change out the inner ring to a 34T (I think it is 36 now)
Brooks B17
Silver Bar End Shifters
old school Shimano Canti brakes that came with the frame
a nitto Technomic Stem (not in photo)
Chris King headset
Cane Creek levers
A Mini Mag light with a 1 Watt LED I had powder coated to match when I got everything else done.....I'm liking it!

Last edited by esperoquesi; 02-09-11 at 08:31 AM. Reason: forgot to add a bit of information