Thread: BMX Freebie
View Single Post
Old 02-11-11, 11:31 AM
fuji86

Bikes: 1986 Fuji Allegro 12 Spd; 2015 Bianchi Kuma 27.2 24 Spd; 1997 Fuji MX-200 21 Spd; 2010 Vilano SS/FG 46/16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If that were the case I would've lost the bike back when the Eagles lost to the Packers in the wild card game.

Anyway, the chrome is a bear to sand and get scuffed to hold a decent paint job. The tight spots have to be hand sanded with 60 grit and every time I try to get a piece of sandpaper in there it rips apart. Places like the bottom bracket, the chain stays just behind the bb (there's a small welded triangle that's almost impossible to get into) and head tube are painfully slow. Even the rear dropouts are a challenge. No point in painting the bike if the paint flakes/peels off. I really wish this was a non-chrome finish bike to start with. I can see why they chrome them though, that finish is tougher than nails. Then there's the stuck seat post, I really want it to be adjustable again, especially after going thru all of this. I'm patient and my will can't be broken, I'm more stubborn than the stuck seat post or at least I think I am even though it appears to be winning the war at this point. I intend to keep the bike and in the event of selling it someday, would like the next owner to have an adjustable seat post as an option for fit, if not even for myself for fitting.