Thread: BMX Freebie
View Single Post
Old 02-13-11, 07:39 PM
fuji86

Bikes: 1986 Fuji Allegro 12 Spd; 2015 Bianchi Kuma 27.2 24 Spd; 1997 Fuji MX-200 21 Spd; 2010 Vilano SS/FG 46/16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was thinking I could also use a deep socket in an old doubled up sock (you can see from the pictures I have plenty of those laying around) and then with the longer ratchet extension piece attached, use that to tap it out ? I'd have to get a rubber mallet, but I have a smaller ? lb sledge hammer like this one that I could use ?

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-lb-sl...mmer-6748.html

Only problem there is that I'm trying to avoid additional tooling costs and the next thing would either be to have a bike shop press them back in or actually buy a press and do that myself. Funds are tight for this project, especially since a couple of weeks ago I had an unexpected issue with my lower back, pinched nerve that escalated to a classic sciatica problem in the left leg. So you can see I'm battling a few set backs with this. That's why my patience is what it is. Some days I've had no choice but to set it aside and deal with another issue. I will get her done though, I am committed in that regard.