Old 02-14-11, 12:02 PM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

Bikes: I used to have many. And I Will again.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
I'm not a hoarder, I consider myself a collector, and part time flipper. Every thing is quite organized, but to the laymen's eyes, I have too much bike stuff. It is funny (and sad) how a few neighbors came into the garage when I wasn't there, but my wife was parking her car (in the garage!) and gasped at the number of bikes and wheels. One had the nerve to ask, "And you put up with all this?!?" My wife rebutted that there's no problem, I had all this stuff before we got married, and that there's 6 more frames in boxes in the corner. That kind a put the brakes on where they were trying to take the conversation. Dissing on husbands. It's really none of their business, but you can never make these people realize that. I've also gotten the "Why would anyone need more than 1 bike?" Or, "Bikes are for kids."

I agree with Thrifty Bill, I now try to keep my garage door closed from prying eyes. Funny thing is compared to most of the garages here, ours is not full of ***** and inaccessible. Just contains the 'wrong' stuff. So, we're now the eccentric family on our street.