TCR
Riding Heavens Highway

Bikes: '04 Giant TCR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neil0502
Are you just butt-sure you've pinned down the location correctly? Something you've done should have worked.

If you're sure . . . how are you sure?

Has anything you've done made any diff?? You said spit worked temporarily. Did the grease?? Did you clean the seat tube with a rag relatively soaked in something like WD-40 (or ~) until spotless inside??

When do you notice the sound? Sitting? Hammering up a hill? Whether pedaling or not? When the bike's in the other room??

Might be/could be/oughta' think about looking south . . . toward the bb/crank bolts/chainring bolts/etc.

Check this $hit out:

http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/...queaking.shtml

Double butt 100% sure I've pinned down the location correctly. It's the forward/back / pushing/pulling while seated on the saddle that causes the creaking noise. Pedaling, moving forward, sliding back, hitting a bump, shifting weight, etc all will cause the little creaking click sound. Grease was working in the past but then I tried out a new seat and had to change the height and it started creaking again. I've since gone back to the original seat. The past couple times grease has worked for awhile, 5 to 15 miles maybe, but then it starts again - 1 creak, then another, then another, then 20 minutes later it's creaking on every damn pedal crank and over every bump. I've checked the bolts at this point and they are still very snug. I've then tried spit and it quieted it for maybe another 5 to 15 miles. I'm getting very frustrated at this point as a brand new post, grease, and tightening should have solved the problem but it hasn't. I'm afraid to overtighten as I don't want to damage the new post.