Old 02-19-11, 07:32 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,704 Times in 2,523 Posts
Originally Posted by Dchiefransom
Unless the flagger stepped out in plenty of time for a vehicle or cyclist to stop, and the cyclist ran her down anyway.
seriously doubt that a cyclist would hit a flagger if given plenty of time

Originally Posted by twobadfish
LOL!!! So in conclusion,

1) Cagers are evil (relevance to the story is beyond me)
2) Cyclists have no standards of conduct to uphold since their mistakes are - in the grand scheme of things - meaningless

Seriously though I don't get it... why aren't people bashing the carelessness of the cyclist and running his character into the ground? Seems like anytime a "cager" makes a mistake or does something stupid people here aren't satisfied until the "cager" serves a life sentence in prison. But if it's a cyclist that acts like a dumbass, somehow, it's still "cagers" that get the brunt of the criticism.
Because everyone and their brother is constantly assailing cyclists with criticism -- even those of us that don't do anything illegal or unsafe. It's obvious that this cyclist was in the wrong and I see no room for argument on that point. Do you seriously think that any one in this thread sees this cyclist as having done nothing wrong? I feel no need to criticize every action of every cyclist any more than I see the need as a motorist to atone for the bad behavior of every motorist. For one thing, as a motorist, I wouldn't want to be atoning for some of the nonsense I see on a daily basis. I consider coming onto Bike Forums looking to criticize cyclists as being at least moderately trollish

I'm considering a sticky for everyone that wants to come onto BF and constantly whine about us criticizing motorists or giving cyclists a free pass.

Last edited by unterhausen; 02-19-11 at 07:44 PM.