Old 02-20-11, 05:13 PM
scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still watching the snow slowly melt, and tweaking in the garage. Banshee is sub-29# and all parts dependable, durable, comfortable for me and my riding.

30t front ring and 11-36 ten speed rear cogs ought to work quite nicely as a single ring setup. Light, simple, gives the range I need and want for around here. Guide bits cobbled together from a Blackspire Stinger guide and upper guide replacement slider from an e.13 Freechucker guide. I've got a lower Stinger with roller setup that can be easily added, but isn't going on unless this proves to not be enough guide. Why add more complication/drag/weight to the system if it isn't needed?

Swapping to tubeless setups last year gave me the epiphany of running skinnier/lighter/less beefy tires. I can run the same, or lower pressure, have great traction, less rolling weight and resistance with less worry of pinch flats. YMMV, but it has worked well for me. Maxxis ADvantage 2.1 rear/Minion 2.35 front. I'm not a huge guy.

The Lyrik Solo Air here is still working quite well, and the stiffness rocks. When it dies, may swap for a Revelation or Sektor with a taller bottom headset to regain the same geometry, but have a slightly lighter front end. The Rev on my hardtail is very nice, but just a touch less stuff than the Lyrik - not sure if that is a trade-off I'm willing to make on this bike.

The Gravity Dropper post stays as well, just with a lighter seat. Have swapped back to a regular post for a ride or two, and I can't do it. The ease and convenience of dropper posts is here to stay on my rides, despite the weight penalty.

Last edited by scrublover; 02-20-11 at 05:43 PM.