View Single Post
Old 02-21-11, 04:02 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yep, Got out for a ride today. Decided on the mountain bike again, didn't feel like dealing with the wind today. I decided to see if they cut the other part of the FL trail today. The part that is south of SR20 in Putnam County. The first part of the trail is logging and hunting roads that I ride once in awhile to the power lines. The second part I have not ridden in probably about 4 years or so. The last time I checked it out I could NOT even see the trail it was overgrown so much. I got to that point today and YEP.. they did cut it. Ended up riding 10.11 miles all in the dirt/sand/grass/woods... FUN...

Just a few pictures .....
1st... Start of the trail off of SR20 (south side)
2nd... The power lines that I usually ride back to sr20
3rd... The start of part of the trial that I have not ridden in years... trail mowed..
4th... Wooden crossing that didn't look all that sturdy, a couple of boards felt a bit rotten. Over all it was in good shape though.
5th... This part of the trail follows the old RR tracks and is hard packed but a bit bumpy.
6th... Trail entrance after crossing Old Gainesville Road (I think).
7th... End of the line today, didn't feel like walking who knows how far in the sugar sand. Looks like a fire break line. Eventually if you keep following this trail it will come out on SR19 south of Palatka just before the barge canal. Rode it once years ago.... Trying to con friends into riding it with me again

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ScreenShot104.jpg (103.6 KB, 3 views)
ScreenShot107.jpg (101.7 KB, 3 views)
ScreenShot103.jpg (99.6 KB, 3 views)
ScreenShot105.jpg (104.2 KB, 4 views)
ScreenShot106.jpg (104.4 KB, 3 views)