Old 02-23-11, 12:06 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,064 Times in 1,081 Posts
Originally Posted by CraigB
Looks like a number of folks are already in, for one ride or another. Maybe I'll just sign up myself, and sometime before the date we can all coordinate a meeting time and spot for the morning of the ride, and see where it all goes from there.

One question, though - if you sign up for the 100 mile track ride, but figure you won't make it the whole distance, how do you handle per-mile pledges? Isn't the money turned in at the start? Sorry, but the last time I was involved in fund-raising was when I sold boxes of butter mints for little league.
Posters above are correct that typically you don't raise money based on distance ridden, but in fact you could do it that way if you wanted. You can continue collecting donations for some time after the event - about a month. So you could make a deal with people to pay per mile or lap, and collect afterwards. It would be up to you to count laps, though.

Really it's about maximizing dollars raised, so use whatever technique works best to reach that end.