View Single Post
Old 02-23-11, 05:31 PM
chucky
It's got electrolytes!

Bikes: Self-designed carbon fiber highracer, BikesDirect Kilo WT5, Pacific Cycles Carryme, Dahon Boardwalk with custom Sturmey Archer wheelset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, I ordered the "Power Grips High Performance Pedal Kit". I was gonna need new cage pedals and it only worked out to about $13 more to get the pedal/strap combo. Real Power Grips aren't known for their durability, so I'll have an opportunity to make my own when they wear out and by then I'll have the experience to say how "DIY Grips" stack up to the real deal.

Originally Posted by Leisesturm
You could leave your SPD shoe laces ultra slack and get 2mm of separation from the shoe sole if that was important. I don't think it is.
I tried that...makes it almost impossible to unclip.

Originally Posted by Arcanum
Also, let's put things in perspective: You've already willingly spent, what, $300 dollars on clipless pedals and appropriate shoes? And you're objecting to $35 for Power Grips? Isn't that a little silly?
$300? I have three sets of clipless pedals which cost about $110 total.

And the shoes? Those I'm keeping to use with my Power Grips; Stiff soles is one thing I'm not willing to compromise on.

Originally Posted by JeffS
"studies show"... yea, that blind cite really helps to make your argument stick.

Experts agree that these studies aren't relevant to your riding. And telling you that I'm the "expert" I'm referring to doesn't change the validity of my statement one bit.
It's been rehashed 100 times. The bottom line is the only thing that's relevant to my riding is that I don't find pulling helps and I'm not gonna do it. So there.

Last edited by chucky; 02-23-11 at 05:38 PM.