View Single Post
Old 02-23-11, 09:21 PM
chucky
It's got electrolytes!

Bikes: Self-designed carbon fiber highracer, BikesDirect Kilo WT5, Pacific Cycles Carryme, Dahon Boardwalk with custom Sturmey Archer wheelset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gerv
Another point about the PowerGrips setup is that one end of the strap hooks into a compression fitting. It is not directly screwed into the pedal but is held by a metal retainer. Normally, you'd never know the difference, but if you flew off the bike for any reason, the straps should let go...
Not all versions of Power Grips are like this. The rugged fixie version I posted a pic of in the OP screws directly into the pedal.

Originally Posted by bored117
Something I noticed with my Chrome shoes. However, upon closer inspection, I found out it was actually me wriggling with power grip and pedal's uneven surfaces (the grip thing for pedal) that was causing it. I filed it off and it is fine now. You probably want to stick with pedals that has as flat top as possible with power grips. (2 things, easier to get in and out, and no more torn soles).
Then why do the pedal kits sold by Power Grips include pedals with sharp serrated teeth? See, this is what gets me...MRP seems to jump through all sorts of hoops to arrive at inferior solutions.