monsterpile
This bike is cat approved

Bikes: To many to list...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Happily thinning out the herd of projects

It all started with putting up the big Schwinn World frame with a bent fork and I started moving stuff out of the house.

One of the people that responded to the Schwinn CL ad has a business rebuilding bikes so I sold him a Sears tandem, a Shogun road frame and a Trek 830 frame that was damaged. It was hilarious that all of that fit in in a 2 door Honda civic. LOL

Next I put up 3 schwinn Varsity frames and a Supersport frame on CL and in a few minutes one of the flippers called wating the lot. He was also interested in the one of the other frames I posted...

I put up 3 more frames on CL 2 road bikes and a 3-speed frame. I put them up cheap enough I think I will have buyers.

Next I had some kids bikes some complete some in pieces I donated to the local bike charity. I talked to one of the guys there and I can gets some nice projects from them as-is for great prices. I have bought a couple projects there in the past and often pay more than they ask. I'll be donating more bikes tomorrow.

Overall I am excited to be getting a little cash and cleaning out things so I can possibly walk around in my garage and basement without injuring myself. I can also have better space to work on the bikes I have. I still have plenty of projects to do, but I see a tidy bike area and some fun projects ahead. Having some room means I could bring in something new I actually will be excited about instead of dreading. My wife is going to be very happy with all these bikes leaving the house. =) I plan get to the place that the show Hoarders wouldn't want to film here.

I just wanted to share the joy of purging. I think in the future I can pick the projects I do more carefully and enjoy them much more. That Bike charity (Mad Dads) had all kinds of sweet bikes I would like to have or at least work on. They have hundreds of bikes. I may begin to volunteer there once a month as they can use the help. I am also probably going to be offing up some stuff on the pay it forward thread in the future.