monsterpile
This bike is cat approved

Bikes: To many to list...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rothenfield1
I kind of like having several bike projects going on at once. It can get hectic keeping all the balls in the air, but it's a fun mental exercise.

I have more than a couple projects going even with all these leaving me so thats not a concern. =)

That's very admirable that you want to volunteer at the bike charity, I have a friend that was the head mechanic at the local REI who recently quit to work full time at a bikes-for-kids charity. That guy has a HUGE heart and says he loves every minute of it.
That sounds awesome. I think the world would be a much better place if more people volunteers even a couple hours a month of their time. I already volunteer weekly at the cat shelter.

Originally Posted by auchencrow
= fatal error. You'll have a much harder time parting with bikes that you like!
Great point I'll watch out for that. =) I realized there is no reason to try and fit frames that really don't fit which was obvious, but liberating.

Originally Posted by wrk101
I did a frame-athon several weeks back, as I had a stack of decent donor frames, where I did not plan to build them up. Moved them to new homes pretty quickly.

Its crazy I think I might have everything sold already. Its probably because I am asking $10 a frame (some had other parts on them too). None of them are high end, the best ones were a Shogun and a Takara. I just don't have the wheelsets to build frames up and don't want to invest in them so it was great to get a bit of cash for them while giving people a great project.

Do you mind sharing what you got for the Varsity/Continental project bikes? I have several in the queue, and am thinking about letting some of them go myself.
I asked $35 total for all those Schwinns. It was cheap, but I wasn't interested in messing around with them anymore and the Supersport has a dent in the top tube or I would have asked more. They got 2 good tires and tubes on the Women's varisty in the package deal as well. I have a Continental road bike I kept because I think it only needs a basic tuneup to get going. I don't think I paid anything for any of these bikes or if I did I nabbed a part or two of them so I am still coming out just fine.