Old 02-25-11, 10:31 AM
jayr

Bikes: LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another bike fit question

So last night when I got home from work I noticed that the seatpost was wiggly. Thought It was just a loose bolt since the seat and post are fairly new but no, the seat post tube on my alum. Schwinn has cracked just under the seatpost clamp.
Talked to Performance where I got the bike and they said it takes about 2 months for the warranty process.
Can't be without my bike for that long. I commute with it every day and have my first tour comming at the end of April.
So, I saw that Nashbar has their touring frame on sale right now for $99.00. I remember reading some good things about it on here so I figure for that price what the heck. That's a weeks gas in the Yukon.
My question however is the fit. The biggest they sell is a 60cm. I'm 6'3 and I've got a 95 cm/37.5 inch inseam. Some of the bike fit suggestons I've seen say I should be looking at a 62-64. I like to be a little more up right on my bike (seat post about -1 inch to level with the bars) so I have riser Mtn. bike bars and a steep stem on my currently broken schwinn.

Any thoughts on the nashbar 60 for someone my size?