Old 02-25-11, 04:45 PM
DylanG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Opinion on Kona Dr. Good?

http://www.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=dr_good

I'm looking for an urban commuter/utility bike. I want a 7+ speed IGH and relaxed riding position. This will be for riding around downtown Baltimore. Mostly I'll be traveling only a few miles on bad streets with cars everywhere.

My biggest problem has been finding local shops that stock appropriate bikes. I guess my body is non-standard because I have a hard time finding bikes that work for my stubby legs and overweight body. So I'm not willing to commit to a bike without a test ride.

Today I found a good shop that had some options for me. I was really comfortable on the Kona Dr. Good. I'd prefer a bike that comes from the factory with fenders, rack and lights with generator. I want simplicity and low maintenance which is why I'm wary of bolting this stuff on aftermarket. But I'm getting frustrated at my lack of options and this is the first 7-8 speed IGH bike I've been able to ride that works for me.

Opinions on this bike or other options? I'm concerned about the skinny tires. I'm more for comfort over speed. And I weigh 250 lbs and would like to carry some light loads on a rack or basket.