Old 03-01-11, 03:15 AM
bleedingapple

Bikes: Leader 722TS, Surly Cross Check, GT Outpost, Haro Z16, Trek 1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by warnette
In lurking a common theme/trend/wtf ive noticed is the claim that a frame "isnt aggressive enough" and it honestly makes no sense. While a track frame with its geometry may have its advantages on a TRACK i see none for street usage.

Maneuvering to me frankly is BS. If i can get a a mtb with its slack angles, upright/back riding position, and 4" of suspension to easily navigate tight single track switchbacks.

Such a riding position is also unapologetically masochistic in anything but a but a trendy jaunt around town in an attempt to generate hipster steez. A person may be able to complete a daily commute like this, but I see it as far from the right tool for the job.

When in traffic why do you want to be in a position that makes it so hard to be aware of surroundings?

This is in no way against single speed/fixed gear, just the over popularization of impractical frames for "everyday" street usage while playing bike messenger dress up.

Not trolling, looking for something im possibly missing.
its the same thing with drillings for brakes... people used to (and sometimes still do) get all up in arms over this. as if the drillings might make the bike slower or something... there is many things like this in the bike world and not even just ss/fg... Ive most learned to just let it go, i dont feel like getting worked up over it anymore...