View Single Post
Old 03-02-11, 07:13 PM
Garilia

Bikes: Fantom 29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought a MTB a few months ago that has presta valves. I have a floor pump, shorts, mini-pump, seat bag, camelbak, tire levers, SPD shoes, work stand...I am thinking of different pedals for the MTB (platform on one side) and then switch my clipless pedals (Shimano m540, technically a MTB pedal, but pretty lightweight) to a road bike and use the Bontrager shoes (they are not road specific, but they'll work in the beginning). But I hear ya, I will need another pair of shorts I'm sure.

The Shimano PD-m540 are described as: Open binding mechanism and light weight for serious off-road competitors
Compact body design will be popular with road cyclists/century riders
The best mud and debris shedding ability of any other pedal in its class
Chrome-moly spindle and low maintenance sealed bearing cartridge axle
Adjustable cleat tension great feature for beginners

The Bontrager shoes I have are:

They are described as: A dyed-in-the-wool trail shoe with best-in-class weight, the Race MTB WSD gives off-road riders off-road performance at an incredible price. Styled after its big sister the RL MTB WSD, the Race WSD features a composite sole for stiffness and efficiency, direct inject TPU lugs for excellent off-bike traction, and a highly adjustable three strap velcro system that makes dialing in a personalized fit quick and easy.

A friend who is a road rider was impressed with how light they are. I'll have to see how they work over some distance.

Thanks for the feedback on the Scott and the Spec. Roubaix. The more I look at that Scott, the more I like it, I'll have to see how it feels under me.

Last edited by Garilia; 03-02-11 at 07:20 PM.