View Single Post
Old 03-04-11, 09:44 PM
Ritterview
Tandem Vincitur

Bikes: BMC Pro Machine SLC01, Specialized Globe, Burley Rock 'N Roll tandem, Calfee Dragonfly tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chichi
I stopped off and rode part of this route on my way home from the Death Valley century last year, parts of it were very nice.
I am all for giving money to local charities that are raising money by hosting century events. If the ride is "full" and they can not take your money I say the roads are public go ahead and ride. Do not take advantage of there rest stops. If for some reason you do use their rest stops or were particularly charmed by the route find somebody at the end of the ride to handle a donation for you. I think these rides are limited by the highway patrol not by the ride organizers.
We are going to be half-renegade, half-registered, as I was able to obtain only one registration. I'll see if tomorrow if they make us some sort of accommodation. Why they limit this ride is a mystery, it isn't as if Reedley and environs have anything better going on tomorrow than the Blossom Ride. You'd think the more the merrier.

As for the CHP limiting the participation, maybe if local communities could fund raise in such a manner, the CHP wouldn't have the need to jack up their routine speeding tickets to $500.

We had planned to go renegade tomorrow, assiduously avoiding any succor from the ride organizers.

It would be nice to make a donation to the Reedley Lion's Club, but I don't think they are set up for it. You can't do it on the website, and the volunteers will not likely know how.

An alternative would be to donate to the Team Semper Fi Fund, whose members will be participating tomorrow (I remember them from last year).

Twenty-five injured service members of Team Semper Fi to take part in Reedley, CA Blossom Ride