View Single Post
Old 06-06-05, 08:54 AM
klondike300
klondike300

Location: Looking for my lung on Green Mountain or flowing the trails at Port Gamble

Bikes: Cannondale(x3). Synapse, cyclocross and 29er Scalpel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just did 33 miles for a charity ride

My friend and I did a Multiple Sclerosis Ride this weekend. We did the "epic" route which ended up being 33 miles. Most of it was singletrack but they connected them with some dirt road sections. The trails were newly built in the last year by the county and some local clubs so they were more than excellent. Lots of twisty trails, roots and mud. It took us about 5.5 hours to complete the whole thing and we actually finished ahead of quite a few people. The mud was so gooey, it made slicks out of your tires. It was really fun negotiating some of the trail when you're dead tired and your handling skills are out the window when you're trying to ride in that goo. Several slow motion falls were the result. A couple of huge climbs were thrown in. The first one was called Mr Hill. The second big one was at mile 21. Other than the inner thigh and groin cramps I got on both legs and my buddy losing a good chunk of flesh to one of his pedals, it was a great ride. Luckily the cramps went away and the mud sealed up the hole in my buddys shin. I think over 400 people participated in the various distances. We raised about $1200 dollars. Some teams were over $15,000 with one person at $22,000. This was my third event and definetely not my last.