Old 03-11-11, 10:17 AM
JRonaTrek

Bikes: 2019 TREK Emonda SL5 and Madone SLR 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Daspydyr
I grew up in Phoenix and love the Southwest, hope you will as well. I would try to live as far north of Metro Center as you can. The outskirts north have nice new facilities and housing is pretty affordable, I think. My little brother teaches at Greenway High School and thinks the schools in that area are good quality.

Metro Center was the tops of the Phoenix Union district in the 60s-90s but not so much now. I think the areas between Greenway and thuderbird would be a decent commute and newer schools with a good vision and activities.
Metro Center is not that bad, actually, its the reputation that it developed 10 years back, One of my clients is Castles N' Coasters, the theme park there at Metro Center, and you have no idea how much they've had to deal with "Ghetto Center" or whatever you want to call it. The mall is safe, the area is safe, and those businesses around that area are working HARD to change that image.

#1 school District is on 16th Street South of Bethany Home Road, that is a good neighborhood, and my son goes to that school, its a great school. Also a school that has really gone above and beyond to change its reputation. Good Luck.