View Single Post
Old 03-12-11, 10:58 PM
Homeyba

Bikes: Colnago C-50, Calfee Dragonfly Tandem, Specialized Allez Pro, Peugeot Competition Light

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mdlynam
Thanks guys.... yeah, I learned the hard way on the bike fitting. The experiences (2) I've had with reputable fitters in the Nashville area were, well, educational. They're experience base was mostly for efficiency, not comfort. I'll see about finding someone with touring bike fitting experience...
My opinion on bike fitters is that it they should be fitting you in the position that is going to be most comfortable for you. If you were upfront and told them about your carpal tunnel they should fit you accordingly. If you get fitted and there is still a problem you should go back and make them do it right. That's what you are paying for!!!! If they can't fit you so you are not in pain then you should get your money back.

I have carpal tunnel really bad. It's not a problem for me on the bike because I am fitted properly. I also use aerobars quite a bit so that I can ride without any pressure on my hands at all. I lot of long distance riders use them for that vary reason alone.