Old 03-14-11, 02:12 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Seriously speaking of "bucket lists" a friend and I were discussing mine yesterday after our ride... I want to hike Katmandu to Everest Base Camp... not certain why and pretty much know I won't ever do it... but I dream of it alot.

That said... get on your bike and just ride... you will be amazed at what you find. There are so many beautiful areas in the USA to ride; all along the Pacific Coast, all of Utah, many places in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. Texas from Fredericks to Austin is great. Little places like Fresno, CA in February and March and do the Blossom Trail.

You mentioned one of my all time favorite areas: Yellowstone and the Tetons. If you make it down to California, consider the riding out and around Mammoth Lakes, a mecca for both road and mountain riding. And there's the Oregon Coast... gosh that's beautiful. Maybe plan to join a ride through Utah - I recommend LAGBRAU. You ride some of the most beautiful country in the USA!

Jealous you are so unencumbered. Someday...

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.