Old 03-15-11, 04:33 AM
lazerzxr

Bikes: Colnago C59 Italia Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 32counter
Nice work. I jsut started riding at the end of Janruary and ride a trek 1.5. I have put in a little over 800 miles so far. Did my first 100 miler on Friday and averaged 14 mph. I am making some headway and really enjoying it. It sounds like you are progressing nicely. I also use the middle ring of my triple for the most part. I need to start doing a better job stretching as I had some fairly pronounced ITB pain over the bump on the lower outsde of my knee after the ride. Have you encountered any knee pain. Good work!
If you have 800 miles of training in under 3 months and have just done a century I am not at all surprised you have ITB pain. ITB problems dont heel easily once they take hold they just get worse. They are an over use injury caused by doing too much without enough training. Trust me, been there and done that. Unless you want a year off the bike doing physio and watching your mates enjoy their bikes I'd ease up a bit now. Two years after getting ITB trouble I still have issues and would love to go back and take it easy while I could.

No point making the distances sound good if the reality is that the training isn't there.