Old 03-15-11, 03:30 PM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 2,167 Times in 560 Posts
I took a chance, and won! Advice on next move, please.

So I took a chance on a poorly advertised Colnago Dual Ergal listed on ebay with no photos, no size, not much to go on except for this sparse description:
"This is a 1984 Colnago Dual Ergal with all the original C record parts on it in almost new condition."

The seller has a high feedback score, and everyone always complains that ebay is biased on the buyer's behalf, so I figured I can always file a complaint if it's not what it's purported to be. Plus, if the bike isn't my size, I can always part out and make a handsome profit.

I live close enough to the seller to drive out and pick up the bike in person, which is what I always intended to do in order to avoid shipping costs. I'm thinking of making arrangements to pick up the bike and then pay the seller on site. Is that even kosher? I can pay via paypal on the spot with my iphone. I just worry that it's almost too good to be true.

Here's the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

How would you proceed?

'72 Cilo Pacer • '72 Peugeot PX10 • '73 Speedwell Ti • '74 Nishiki Competition • '74 Peugeot UE-8 • '86 Look Equipe 753 • '86 Look KG86 • '89 Parkpre Team Road • '90 Parkpre Team MTB • '90 Merlin Ti

Avatar photo courtesy of jeffveloart.com, contact: contact: jeffnil8 (at) gmail.com.