View Single Post
Old 10-03-02, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally posted by fofa
When I was K-3 myself and 2-3 friends used to walk to school and home everyday, about 1 1/2 miles each way, all year, rain, shine, snow (Michigan). Probably not any worse now except for the news always spreading doom and gloom. But that is what the people want. But if they do that to child snatchers, what else do that too? Maybe SUV's are not as bad as the media says they are?
Here in Houston we have a ozone problem so they say. It causes breathing problems (personally the mold and pollen is worse). Yet I have ozone generators in my house to combate the pollen/mold in the air (interesting). They make ozone generators for swimming pools to reduce/eliminate the need for chlorine. Ozone can destroy harmful organic compounds (like pollen and mold). But the media says it is bad. I say if we have mold and pollen, we don't have enough ozone!
I was one of those children in 50's living in a remote farming community of Michigan that walked to school, 3-4miles, snow, rain or shine. Those times and the rural area was far more safe then today's rural or cities. Ozone is worsening. You can see that in our weather patterns. Walking and biking is helpful and healthier. However, sprawling cities are putting more autos in the game.