guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Originally Posted by VT Biker
Well - I am praying your job gets outsourced quickly.
Charming. I, OTOH, have no ill will towards you for disagreeing with me on something, and hope all stays well for you and your family.

I happen to care about those in the US bike industry, especially the fabrication side, as I respect their craftsmanship. Trade imbalances are what got us into our economic situation, so you should care IMHO. But since you don't, you are one of the few in the US that I might relish in the schadenfreude if you were to lose your house and livelihood that you spent years developing.
You make a lot of assumptions about a lot of things, and quite a few of them are wrong. Knee jerk reflexive lashing out instead of trying to make an effort to understand the opposing point of view FTW, eh?

Originally Posted by VT Biker
I have no xenophobic feelings about products made in Asia. I just have an issue with cavalier attitudes about the outsourcing of others' jobs.
No, but apparently, in your little lashing-out-hissy-fit, you forgot to read the rest of my post (or maybe critical thinking was too difficult, compared to lashing out). Protectionism is NOT the best way forward economically, period and affects more jobs/earnings in the long run.

V.

Last edited by guadzilla; 03-18-11 at 12:48 AM.