Old 03-20-11, 04:22 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JustinHorne
So, like pretty much everyone on here, I always am drooling over new and different stuff than what I have. That said, I also REALLY never want to be "That guy" with a super expensive setup who trudges along at 14mph, getting passed by 20+ year old aluminum bikes by 45 year olds (No offense to the 45 year olds here... )

So, since I already track my times and distances anyway, I've set a little rule for myself.
One hour of biking earns up to $10 in "credit." If I want $1k wheels, I have to bike 100 hours.

For my schedule and frequency, it works out pretty well, but ymmv. I don't include "Necessary" things, sunch as new tubes or one pair of winter knickers, etc. That said, watch out for not making your list of "necessary" items too long...

Anyway, just thought I'd share, keeps the GF and the bank account happier.
You are that guy You shouldn't delay your gratification. I know two 60+ year olds that can drop you. (not me) Don't feel bad...I don't...they can drop 99% of all the fast guys I know.
They are on fast bikes btw with carbon wheels. Matching bike swag to speed or talent on the amateur level is silly. Lots of slow guys on fast bikes and fast guys on average bikes but the fastest guys I know are fast guys on fast bikes.

Last edited by Campag4life; 03-20-11 at 04:26 AM.