Thread: Mini-velos
View Single Post
Old 03-20-11, 04:33 PM
Airburst

Location: England, currently dividing my time between university in Guildford and home just outside Reading

Bikes: Too many to list here!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Mini-velos

OK, here's the situation. There's been a lot of talk on various forums on BF about the so-called "mini-velo". (For those that don't know, they're full-size bikes with a non-folding frame and usually 20" wheels, might sound odd but apparently they're pretty good in some ways). The most current thread is here

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...out-mini-velos

Firstly, does anyone know where I might be able to find one of these bikes in the UK? My second (slightly off-topic) question is: Does anyone know a supplier of polo bikes here in the UK? I've seen various polo bikes that would be fairly simple to convert into mini-velos, with parts I've got lying about, so I'm considering that as an option as well.

Please don't spear me too badly for posting about non-folding bikes in here, someone on the road forum suggested I post here. Since a few of the folding bike manufacturers seem to have also turned their hands to mini-velos recently, I figure that's reasonable advice.

Thanks in advance