View Single Post
Old 06-08-05, 05:00 PM
Sprocket Man
Prefers Aluminum

Bikes: Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Locker Room Rant

Because I do most of my swimming at the pool, I spend a fair amount of time in the locker room. I really hate being in there - it's humid and dirty - I usually rinse, dry off, change and then I'm out the door as quickly as possible. But one of the things that bugs me the most is that a lot of guys don't have a clue when it comes to locker room etiquette. So to alleviate some of my frustration, here is my attempt to document some of those rules:

1. When either you or I are naked, do not face me or look at me. Just face the wall and do your business. I don't want any of your attention and I won't give you any of mine.
2. Don't try and start a conversation if you don't know me. There are a million other places where friendly banter between strangers may be appropriate. The locker room is not one of them.
3. Although I can appreciate the work that it takes to be a single father, if you have a daughter that is over 7 years old, please do not bring her in the men's locker room. Instruct her on how to use the women's facilities and let her use it.
4. If you are taking a sh*t in the stall, please keep the volume of your grunting to a minimum.

Got any more that you want to add?