Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old 06-08-05, 08:24 PM
Sprocket Man
Prefers Aluminum

Bikes: Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gloria
I am very new to serious biking, and I have a question of a rather personal nature: When I did my first extended ride at Buena Vista a few weeks ago, I had to cut it short because when I peed at the first rest stop, it hurt so much I wanted to cry. As I've been preparing for the ride in Fort Morgan this weekend, I noticed the same thing if I ride for more than an hour. I would like to hear from other women about how to deal with this problem, please.
I'm not a woman, but I'm married and my wife cycles a lot. Couple of things you may want to try (in addition to Snowy's suggestion to see a doctor).

1. Do you have a good pair of cycling shorts? Whatever you do, don't use triathlon shorts for everyday cycling because the padding is too thin. I've heard people say that gel pads are really uncomfortable as well (I haven't tried it so I wouldn't know first-hand).
2. Terry has a good selection of woman's seats. My wife has one and says it's very comfortable.
3. Have you been fitted to your bike? A bad fit can cause crotch discomfort.
4. Do you have a yeast infection?

Good luck in finding the cure.