View Single Post
Old 03-25-11, 10:19 PM
cervelo4me

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by sdgrannygear
Trust me cervelo, you are not skimping by buying 180 dollar stainless pedals. I know guys with 10K+ bikes that still use stainless, in fact, I don't know of anyone that uses titanium because the cost benefit ratio is simply not worth it (depending on your point of view). Now if you wanted to buy 50 dollar nashbar pedals... Not that there is anything wrong with that, I can almost assure you, you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference off the bat. In fact, you will probably like them better than speedplays initially since those are much easier to get into than speedplays. Since you've never ridden clipless, the larger surface area would give you more confidence. The tendency when starting out as a newbie is to go light-light-light. I made this mistake early on. Comfort is #1. I cannot emphasize enough how important a proper fit is to your riding.
great advice im going speedplay and im off the titanium thing since im not lance armstrong......im going with stainless speedplay zeros and putting the extra cash into shoes ....thanks for your post it was right on