Old 03-26-11, 05:12 AM
xizangstan

Location: Colorado-California-Florida-(hopefully soon): Panama

Bikes: Vintage GT Xizang (titanium mountain bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Could you have a monogamous thing for just one bike?

Because so many of you tell about your several bikes, I've often wondered who here has just one bike. And if you do have several, do you have that one, special, sweet bike that you would be perfectly happy with for all your rides?

I have just one: My lovely "Lady Xizang" - a GT Xizang mountain bike that I bought new in 1995. I've turned down others. On occasion, I'll ride my girlfriend's bike when checking out something she's having trouble with. But I really don't feel a need to have any other bikes, be it road, utility, touring, etc.

Recently, I've been performing subtle little modifications in adapting Lady Xizang to suit my maturing body and changing riding style. New riser stem and handlebars to allow for a little more upright stance in the saddle. New saddle and a new set of touring wheels with touring tires (Marathon Plus 26x1.5 on Mavic xc/719-XTR wheels). New custom rear rack and Ortlieb panniers.

What can you tell us? You have a one-single preference? Has your riding changed over the recent past? How? And are you modifying your favorite bike to accommodate?

Last edited by xizangstan; 03-26-11 at 05:17 AM.