Old 03-26-11, 08:34 AM
StefanG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Moving Up" etiquette during Road Race with Center line rule in effect?

As a CAT 5 who has a handful of road races under his belt, I struggle getting to the front of the pack when there is no room to move up because there just isn't enough space (in the US: yellow line on the left, shoulder of road on the right). Especially if you are the very back where the riders back there seem content to tailgun, so there is usually very little "movement".

In last week's race, I spent the first half at (or very near) the very back and then one of the racers who had been at (or near) the front dropped back (not sure why), but then he started moving up along the right side, so I jumped on his wheel and went to the front (didn't have any problems staying up there for the 2nd half of the race, but getting there was the difficult part).

Went he went up along the right, he essentially forced his way up saying "on your right" when there was little to no room on the right, but everyone gave him (us) a few inches to squeeze by. Is this proper etiquette and expected? I didn't see anyone else move up that aggressively during the entire race.