View Single Post
Old 03-27-11, 02:39 PM
bitphire

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all,
26 years old, 6' sitting at a whopping 340lbs . Luckily no seems to think I weigh that much, I believe it's because I have a lot of muscle left to turn into fat. I played college football on the D-Line. Last year of actual workout was off season in 2005. Since, I've been sitting at my computer and watching TV. Decided it's time for a change and just bought me a 26" 21-speed Schwinn Avenue hybrid from Wal-Mart on 3-15-11. I'm happy to report that I have riding every single day since buying it. I'm up to around 70 total miles on it. I am able to ride 8 miles in about 50 minutes without much fuss now. I just mapped out a 10.5 mile ride I'm hoping to complete soon. Goal for right now is to get back under 300lbs.

As for my ride, it seems to be holding up quite well. I'm a newbie to bikes with gears/speeds/cog's (not sure what I sure call them). The gears seem to get stuck in between gears and clicks often and at one point was stuck trying to shift gears. I adjusted the nobby thing on the rear shifter and it seems to have fixed it for the most part. I think they just work them selfs lose over time and needs adjusting.

Last edited by bitphire; 03-27-11 at 03:15 PM.